Monday, August 1, 2016

Memory Making Monday


Welcome to our first Memory Making Monday Prompt.  Today's prompt is " What are some of best souvenirs you have collected while traveling?

For me, I'd have to say that my most memorable trip was the 2013 Close to my Heart convention in Orlando, Florida at Walt Disney World.  Gosh, I came back with so many souvenirs, most given to us by the Close to my Heart corporate office in the way of product samples, but also some things I was able to purchase while doing some sight seeing of Downtown Disney (now called Disney Springs).  Two particular souvenirs come to mind.  The first is a button that says " First Disney Convention".  It was given to me by the cast member who was on duty at the hotel gift shop the convention was held.  The nice elderly gentleman told me that each shop is given only so many of the buttons to give to guests and that he was down to his last two and wanted me to have one of them.  That makes it extra special.   The other special souvenir from this trip was of course, a set of Mouse ears.   I chose for myself a traditional set of Mickey Mouse ears, and yes, I had my named stitched on the back.  They still hang up in my studio.

There you have it, my most memorable vacations and souvenirs.  Which reminds me I still need to scrapbook some of these photos.  I hope to do that this week amid all the other things I have planned on my list.   I challenge you too, to scrapbook your most memorable trip and the memories of the souvenirs you collected on that trip.

Happy Scrapping!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment